New restrictions as we leave the EU on Jan 1st

Although Britain technically left the EU on January 31, its relationship with the EU remains the same in practice until the end of the transition period, December 31, 2020.

Travelling to the EU after Brexit will be different in a number of ways as the UK leaves the European Union on 1st Janaury 2021. We know you’ll still want to enjoy amazing holidays in mainland Europe so we have created a Brexit Travel Checklist to help you to plan your next trip. Get prepared with all the information you need to know before you set sail.

Must have at least 6 months of validity
Must be less than 10 years old
When travelling to Ireland, your passport just needs to be valid for the length of your stay

Travel insurance
Travel insurance must cover healthcare
Your EHIC card will not be valid from 1st January 2021
Ensure that your travel insurance covers any pre-existing conditions

You will not need a visa to visit an EU country as a tourist
You can stay in the EU for 90 days within a 180 day period
You may need a visa if you want to stay for longer, to work or study, or for business travel

Check to see if you need an International Driving Permit for the countries you’re visiting
Permits cost £5.50 and can be bought from the Post Office, RAC, or the AA
Certain countries may also require you to have a green card which you can get from your insurance company, proof of insurance, and a GB sticker
You may need an additional green card if you want to tow a caravan or trailer
Ensure that you have organised breakdown cover

Your pet must be microchipped
You will need to visit your vet 4 months prior to travel for a rabies vaccination
The blood sample will be sent to an EU approved laboratory
30 days after the rabies vaccination your pet will need a blood test
You can travel 3 months after you’ve received successful blood sample results and you’ll need to carry a copy of these
No more than 10 days before your departure date you will need to visit your vet for an animal health certificate
This certificate can be used for onward travel within the EU for 4 months, including re-entry into Great Britain

Border control
You may have to show your return ticket
You might also have to show that you have enough money for your stay
Be aware that you may need to use separate lanes from EU, EEA and Swiss citizens when queuing

Until the transition period is completed on 31st December 2020, changes to the UK government guidance can still be made. This is why we strongly recommend keeping an eye on the full UK Goverment guidance, which you can find here.

There may also be changes to custom and tax rules when entering the EU, please check with the relevant government advice of the country where you will be entering the EU.

How to get your Alexa to work

Just Click on the Alexa button below. Login to your Amazon account (if you aren’t already) and click the button to “enable” the Skill.

Then you can say to your Alexa Speaker

“Play Bridlington Gold”

Its Here…!

How to get your Google Smart Speaker to work

Just ask your Google smart speaker to

“Talk to Bridlington Gold”


“Ask Bridlington Gold to Play”

Its Here…!


Tide Times


24 October 2021

Time Type Height
01:11 low 1.41m
07:07 high 5.69m
13:23 low 1.54m
19:25 high 5.59m

View full 7 day tide times.

Copyright 2021 © Tides Today. By using this data, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
07:4617:43 BST

Like Us On Facebook

Facebook Pagelike Widget

Share this News Story with others

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on linkedin


Pantomime, “The Snow Dancer” is coming to Rudston Village Hall. A brand new eco-fable Pantomime, “The Snow Dancer”, with songs and music for audiences ages 5- 95, is coming to

Read More »

Train disruptions and road closure

Buses replace trains between Driffield, Bridlington and Scarborough between 23 and 31 October 2021 Network Rail will be undertaking major re-signalling works at Bridlington station and this requires the line

Read More »